MEMPHIS TEACHER RESIDENCY
The mission of the MTR is to positively impact student achievement in Memphis’ urban schools by recruiting, training, and supporting outstanding teachers, all within a Christian context.
- 2012 Higher Ed Report: MTR Shown as Most Effective Teacher Prep Program
- The MTR is a member of the Urban Teacher Residency United network.
- The MTR pays for and provides a Masters in Urban Education through Union University.
30 Elementary Classroom Teachers
25 Middle/High School Teachers
- College Degree from 4-yr univ by May 2014; 2.75 gpa+
- (Secondary Education requirement) Passing score on the Praxis II Specialty Area Test for the teaching endorsement sought. Preference given to math, science (biology, chemistry, or physics), and Spanish.
- (Elementary Education requirement) Passing score on the Praxis II Elementary School: Content Knowledge exam (#10014)
- Residency Year: $12,000 stipend + housing and Masters tuition
- Teaching Years: varies by school