Those who experience the Dixon Gallery & Gardens can witness it’s stimulating and unique way of highlighting both art and nature as an interdisciplinary, educational resource. What if you could bring that opportunity directly to your classroom? Guess what, you can!
With the Dixon’s Art to Grow van, students can partake in refreshing, hands-on, experimental lessons right at their schools. Talented and creative instructors from the gallery and other organizations bring the learning to you with an engaging curriculum that focuses on art concepts, techniques, and history.
And guess what else… IT’S FREE!
Who can participate in the Art To Grow Program:
- Pre-K through 8th Grade teachers
- Shelby County Schools
- Charter Schools
- Private and parochial schools
- During the School year:
- Tuesday through Friday from approximately 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Each Art to Grow lesson lasts between 30 and 45 minutes.
- Teachers can make one reservation for their class, per school year.
- Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis.
- The Dixon requires at least two sessions per school each visit.
- Art to Grow also takes place during the summer time. From May-June, the Art to Grow program is available to libraries, summer camps, daycares, and other educational organizations.