The new school year is quickly approaching which means non-stop lesson planning and grading.
Here are a few places that are perfect for teacher productivity:
- Shelby Farms (6903 Great View Drive North, Memphis) – Mon – Sun: Sunrise-Sunset
- It’s never a good idea to grade on an empty stomach. Everyone knows that! In addition to the 15 Ways to Experience Shelby Farms , The Kitchen Restaurant’s patio is perfect for satisfying your appetite and increasing your productivity flow. There are also many picnic tables and outdoor pavilions in the area, so grab you things and prepare to get stuff done.
- Note: No wifi in the park
- I don’t know about you, but fresh air always helps me focus. Pack a picnic blanket and head down to the river for a productive sunny day.
- Miss Cordelia’s (737 Harbor Bend Rd, Mud Island) – Mon – Sun 7am-10pm
- Crank out a few lesson plans at the cafe and then head over to the grocery store to grab the the fixings for a well deserved dinner. You earned it.
- The Office at Uptown (594 N 2nd St, Uptown) – Mon-Fri 7am-4pm
- Where else can you grab a quick bite to eat and mark things off your checklist while also being equipped with resources like printers, scanners, fax machines, etc?!
- Whole Foods
- 5014 Poplar Avenue, Memphis – 8am-9pm
- 7825 U.S. Highway 72, Germantown – 8am-9pm
- Pizza, veggies, sandwiches, coffee, smoothies; you name it, Whole Foods has it! Set up camp at one of their tables and get to work.
Coffee Shops (Check out Choose901’s list of Coffee Shops in Memphis)
Not matter where you are in the Bluff City, there’s a cozy coffee shop corner waiting for you to come and work, work, work, work, work, work.
- Otherlands – (641 S Cooper St, Midtown) – Mon – Sat 7am-8pm, Sun 7am-6pm
- Edge Alley– (600 Monroe Ave. Ste 101) – Mon-Fri 7am-8pm, Sat 7am-9pm, Sun 10am-7pm
- The Rev Memphis — (771 E Brookhaven Cir, Memphis) – Wed – Fri 10am-6pm, Mon 9am-9pm
- Java Cabana – (2170 Young Ave, Midtown) – Tues – Thurs 9am-10pm, Fri & Sat 10am-11pm, Sun 12pm-9pm
- Cafe Eclectic
- 603 N McLean, Midtown, Mon – Sat 7am-10pm, Sun 9am-3pm
- 510 S Highland, University District, Mon – Fri 6:30am-8pm, Sat 8am-8pm, Sun 9am-3pm
- 111 Harbortown Sq, Mud Island, Mon – Sat 6:30am-8pm, Sun 7am-3pm
- 5101 Sanderlin #114 (East Memphis) – Mon-Thu 10am-9pm, Fri-Sat 10am-10pm, Closed Sundays
- 585 South Cooper (Midtown)- Mon – Fri 6:30am-9pm, Sat 7am-9pm, Closed Sundays
- Avenue Coffee – (786 Echles St, 38111, University District) – Mon – Sat 8am-midnight, closed Sundays
- Ugly Mug Coffee – (4610 Poplar Ave, East Memphis) – Mon – Thurs 6am-9pm, Sat 7am-7pm
- Sweet Noshings – (2113 Madison Ave, Midtown) – Mon – Sun 11am-7pm
- Porcellino’s – (711 W Brookhaven Circle, East Memphis) -Sun-Mon 7a-4p, Tues – Thur 7a-9p, Fri- Sat 7a – 10pm
- Tart Memphis – (820 S Cooper St, Midtown) – Mon – Sun 8am-4pm
- Bluff City Coffee – (505 S. Main Street, Downtown) – Mon – Sat 6:30am to 6pm, Sun 8am to 6pm
- Tamp and Tap
- Square Beans – (103 N Center St, Collierville) – Mon – Fri 7am-6pm, Sat 8am-6pm, Closed Sun
- Qahwa Coffee Bar – (109 N Main St, Downtown) – Mon – Sat 7am – 6pm
- Cafe Keough – (12 S Main, Downtown) – Mon – Thurs 8am-10pm, Fri – Sat 8am-11pm, Sun 11am-6pm
- City & State (2625 Broad Ave, Midtown) – M-F 7am-6pm, Sat 8am-6pm, Sun 8am-2pm
- French Truck Roastery & Espresso Bar
- 584 Tillman, Suite 1 – Mon – Fri: 7am-1pm, Sat – Sun: 8am-1pm.
- Crosstown Concourse, 1350 Concourse Ave — Mon — Fri: 7am-6pm, Sat — Sun: 8am-6pm
- Stak’s Pancake Kitchen (4615 Poplar Avenue, Suite 102) – Mon – Fri: 6:30am-2pm
- 387 Pantry (387 South Main) – Mon – Sat: 10am-7pm