With it’s extensive collections, varied exhibitions, and dynamic programs for both adults and youth, the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art can be a vital tool for educators to connect their students to art of different world cultures. You don’t have to take my word for it! Bring your classes to experience it for themselves with one of the Museum’s school tours!
Whether they are traveling back into the past or analyzing current works, school tours are intended to “engage students in critical thinking about art, and to support students to develop visual literacy skills.”
- The Environment: Grades PreK-1 (ages 4-6)
- Elements of Art: Grade 1-4
- Urban vs. Rural Communities: Grades 1-4
- Narrative in Art: Grades 1-6
- Renaissance and Baroque Art: Grades 1-12
- Image to Word: Grades 4-12
- The Role of the Artist: Grades 5-8
- Materials and Meaning: Grades 6-12
- Brooks Passport: Grades 7-Adult
- Art with an Agenda: Grades 9-12
Click here to check for dates/times still available.